I recently attended /Dev/World in Melbourne this week. This is Australia’s only iOS developer conference. Here is my summary of the conference.
Table of Contents
There were a few themes that gleaned from the talks. These were;
- Swift is the most talked about language in this space
- People are still using Objective-C
- Cross platform remains a hot topic (from iOS to mac, React Native and Flutter)
- Augmented Reality is still a cool toy
- How to build engaging experiences in your app
- Game design stories
Here are my highlights:
You can access all of my sketchnotes on google photos here.
I presented on swift UI & wearables using my sample poo tracking app as the basis for it. You can watch a similar talk from my twitch channel. You can also access my slide decks here. I also gave a lightning talk on how to do sketch noting. You can read this blog post if you are interested in learning about sketch noting. I also have this blog post on Right To Left bugs which was inspired from my talk if you are interested in reading more.
Eventually the talks will be up on youtube under the AUC_ANZ youtube channel. You can access previous years talks there too.