Here’s a PDF of useful links, tips and resources that have helped me in my career so far:
1 – Start with Why
- Why do you want this career?
- Journal about the job you want
- How to pick a career (WARNING, this is a VERY long blog post)
- What team, product or culture would suit you?
- Not sure what you value? There’s this psychology today values quiz
2 – Building your profile
- Here’s the history of my Resume/CV
- Snappr’s Photo Analyser
- Other Social Media
- BUT Job applications are BROKEN
3 – Networking is king
4 – Interview tips
- It’s a performance – PRACTICE
- If there’s a whiteboard – draw a mindmap
- Ask questions that matter to you
5 – Technical tester?
- My tips for improving
- Test automation uni
- I’m not certified
- I’m not a manual or automation tester, my specialty is mobile exploratory testing
6 – Other resources
- Context Driven Testing
- Explore it
- Buddha in Testing
- GitHub Repo of testing resources
- Software Testing Weekly blog posts
Why did I create this?
A few days ago I put an announcement on LinkedIn, if you had been made redundant recently you can book me in for a 30 minute one on one career chat.
Now this sunday is so full I might not have time for lunch. You can also book me in for any Sunday this July via this calendly link.
I plan on sharing this PDF with everyone I chat to as a post chat follow up takeway.
What resources have helped you in your career?