Are you looking for 1 on 1 career advice from me? You can book me in via Calendly, my rates of $99 AUD for 30 minutes will apply.
Here’s a PDF of useful links, tips and resources that have helped me in my career so far:
1 – Start with Why
- Why do you want this career?
- Journal about the job you want
- How to pick a career (WARNING, this is a VERY long blog post)
- What team, product or culture would suit you?
- Not sure what are your values? There’s this psychology today values quiz
2 – Building your profile
- Here’s the history of my Resume/CV
- Snappr’s Photo Analyser
- Other Social Media
- BUT Job applications are BROKEN
3 – Networking is king
4 – Interview tips
- It’s a performance – PRACTICE
- If there’s a whiteboard – draw a mindmap
- Ask questions that matter to you
- How to ace the technical interview
5 – Technical tester?
- My tips for improving
- Here’s 5 other videos covering this topic in more details
- Test automation uni
- I’m not certified
- I’m not a manual or automation tester, my specialty is mobile exploratory testing
6 – Other resources
- Context Driven Testing
- Explore it
- Buddha in Testing
- GitHub Repo of testing resources
- Software Testing Weekly blog posts
Why did I create this?
Yesterday I put an announcement on LinkedIn, if you had been made redundant recently you can book me in for a FREE 30 minute 1 on 1 career coaching session for the month of July.
You can still book me in via this calendly link. But my usual rates of $80 AUD for a 30 minute session will apply.
I plan on sharing this PDF with everyone I chat to as a post chat follow up take away.
What resources have helped you in your career? What other video’s on testing would you like to see?